Saturday, November 25, 2006

Binary ..

When we are offered a proposition, with no concrete facts to support or to reject it, it then it is upto us to accept or reject it according to our inner intuitions. This acceptance or rejection is known as belief or superstition I guess.

I feel when presented with the question: "Do you believe in God?", the answer has to be binary. That is, you believe in his presence or you don't. No one can prove the credebility of either of the answers, and hence everything boils down to a belief, an intuition of yours. You have to take a descision accirding to your intuition. The answer has to be binary, that is acceptance or rejection.

An agnost maintains that he is not sure of the presence of God and hence doesn't believe in either of the binary answers. He claims, he doesn't believe in the presence of God, but doesn't deny the same either. But well, no is sure of the answer to the same, and hence there is not point in that stand. It is no real answer to the question and is as good as not answering it. An atheist or a theist also doesn't know same analytically and it is just the belief that they hold, and the belief is the answer for them. Hence in such an abstract topic which is not scientific or related with facts and evidences, the term agonostic doesn't make good logical sense to me.

5 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger bubble said...

ooops.. disagree here...

i think agnosticism is in a faith of its kind.. ppl truly believe in the fact that its not posible to know His/Her existence.

its a school of thought..
its kind of "acknowldedgement of the paradox..

I respect other stands.. they are more humble .. i like that..
but may arrogance not be 'judged'

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Spirit said...

I sense that your religion is reason.

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Spirit said...

I agree with JC here.. But impressed with HIS deduction!

Whatever.. My religion is love. :D

-She

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Procrastination Sucks said...

SHE... u r hopeless.....an incorrigible romantic..hopeless...

ya i too agree with JC...

SHE :P

luv PS

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Spirit said...

I love HER religion ... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home