A 100 miles
The other day I strolled into the Oxford Bookstore at Churchgate. No, I'm not an avid visitor there. I walked in to kill time before a client meet that got pushed.
The thing about bookstores is that every time you enter one, you want to kick yourself for not coming here more often. Hundreds, thousands of books around! The world never looks more captivating than from the inside of a bookstore. You want to walk out only when your legs give up, or when you have a client waiting!
Anyway this day was not for books. I knew if I started turning the pages of one, I would start wishing the client was dead. So I stroll into the cafeteria area and decide to read the papers.
Chai is something I can never resist, at any time of any day. So I accept the menu offered by the attendant and browse through the long list of tea varieties.
It took me exactly half a second to decide on which one I want to have - the very name warmed up to me - Truck driver's 100 mile ki chai (to be read as sau meel ki chai). The description read that the tea is made so strong that the driver of the truck, after having a cup, would not feel sleepy for the next 100 miles.Cheers, to all the chai-loving truck drivers! :)
- She

12 Comments:
I am sure chai ka effect hota hai when it is consumed HOT and in ur case....i wonder whts the effect can be....lolzzzzzzzz
Bhai! Well in this case atleast, I got the kick from the name itself :)
- She
Siraj you have a very valid point :-D
ab chai ke baare mein likha hai to comment to karna padega ....
what name should i give to my tea...
Someone said to me - "tumhari chai itni kadak hoti hai ki usko peekar to murda bhi khada ho jayega!" (Your tea is so strong that even the dead would get up after having it)
Chai ki baat thi to even I cudnt resist.
Guudu I knw who made tht comment ;)
Bt il keep to ourselves.
Well, i aint a lover of strong tea bt more of a flavoured tea.
I think il stil wan to try it :)
Kisi ne kaha tha,
chai ya to acchi hoti hai, ya ...
bahut acchi hoti hai :D
>Do dost, aur ek cup chai,
to baat ban jaye :) <
Cant comment much on the chai as have not had that at oxford but it definitely took me back to my visit there...the only difference being we went there to unwind ourselves after a tedious client mtg as none of us were in the mood to come back to office (including boss), hogged and made our boss pay =)..And yes love the glass they serve in
@Vid and Ravi - Love u guys for the passion you share with me for chai!
@Vruts, yes the glass was damn cute! We'll go there once together when we dont have to worry about clients! And we'll spend an entire day :)
- She
Btw, for how many miles did you manage to stay awake after having the 100 meel ki chai...???
Picking up from where Siraj left, one can easily travel Sau Meel by the time you finish EK Cup GARAM Chai...
Rims,
Mujhe chai mein koi interest nahin hai...bt pic mein jis style se chai di gayi hai woh bahut mast laga mujhe.
cup holder toh bahut hi mast hai..i dont know whether its a monkey. but jo bhi hai bahut cool hai.
CHEERS!!!! to all chai lovers
Vikas
Beautifully written. I liked the animation in the article... Keep writing....
PS: I don't drink tea :)
@Rishy - maar padegi tumhe! :) Anyway, its not about how hot the chai is, but how strong, and how much you have it in you to enjoy it :)
@Vikas - Yes, it's a monkey :) .. even I liked the the presentation a lot :)
@Vaibhav :) - Am glad you liked reading! Hey.. I'm sure we'll enjoy tea together SOME day.
- She
Kahan se ki hai tumne Chai ki Ph.D..???
nautanki...
So sleepy yaar, I need Coffee :P
Post a Comment
<< Home