pappu top kar gaya!
"Pappu top kar gaya!"
That's what Venky set his status as when he came to know I've topped a batch of 180 students in my first trimester of PGDBA. And that really says it all... I mean HOW!! How could I be there... It's like khoda kuchh nahi, par nikla haathi :-D ...
On the day I got my result I was too stunned to be happy. It was as much a shock for me as it was for everyone else. And after shedding a few tears on phone with HIM, I could manage to not be sad about the burden bestowed upon me unexpectedly. It was just because of the following reasons that I wasn't able to accept my blessed fate :
- I didn't deserve it. I hadn't worked even a fraction as hard as many others... they weren't appropriately rewarded... and my reward wasn't appropriately justified.
- I have never liked tags like "topper" or "scholar" attached to me... bcuz with these tags there's a default perception of a particular attitude of that person which I never wish to acquire.
- HE never wanted a topper gf!! (Though later he relieved me by telling me that it's the topper "attitude" that he was averse to... and if I had topped without the attitude then he was okay with it... Infact he's very happy :)... he even treated his friends on ice-cream for my result!!! )
- I couldn't for the life of this universe believe... that MBA could be so easy.
Anyway... as it goes, I did find myself with 7 A's and 1B and a whopping GPA of 3.875/4 on a platter... and gradually with the help of others I discovered many positives of the situation:
- Ma is elated. And as Venky said... I have justified her giving me the unlimited liberty that she trusts me with.
- HIS parents are impressed ;) .
- I don't really have to feel guilty about not doing justice to my studies.
- I can bunk as many classes/presentations when HE comes down to Bombay!!! I don't have to worry so much about how much will I miss. What the hell... top kise karna hai!!
I'll conclude with a tip for all those who've been asking me the secret of my success:
Don't try too hard.
- SHE

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home